Have you had major life changes that might change your tax situation? Are you tired of being surprised about your tax situation when you file the return? Do you wonder if there are changes that you can make to change your current or future tax situation? If any of these are true, you may want to meet with me to do some tax planning.
What types of changes can change my tax situation?
- Change in marital status
- Birth, death, high school or college graduation of dependents
- Starting / buying / selling a business
- Changes in business structure
- Stock options offered by employers
- Changes in employment – new job, unemployment, retirement
- Many other options
Do businesses need planning too?
Absolutely. Depending on entity type, the business may pay its own taxes or it may be taxed as part of the individual’s tax return. Businesses provide many opportunities for alter the current year and future taxes.
- Tax entity selection
- Succession planning
- Acquisition or sales
- Business consulting
- Bonus calculations
- Retirement account calculations